1.Leaving a message 留言
A:Good evening. Wellington Hotel. 晚上好。这里是惠灵顿旅馆。
B:Hello. Can you put me through to room number 526? 您好,请帮我接526房间好吗?
A:Hold the line, please. Hello. There is no answer. Could you call later, or would you like to leave a message? 请稍等。喂,没人接电话。您以后再打,还是给他留个言?
B:I''d like to leave a message. Please tell Mr. Johnson that there will be a meeting for team leaders at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. Please have him call Lin Li at 822-5432 as soon as he gets back. 我给他留言吧。请告诉约翰逊先生,明天下午2:30开领队会,请他一回来就给822-5432的林力回电话。
A:Was that 822-5432? 您说的是822-5432吗?
B:Yes. 是的。
A:Fine. I''ll be sure he gets your message. 好的。我一定会替你传达到。
B:Thank you. Good-bye. 谢谢你,再见。
telephone (打)电话
message 口信,音信
2.Wrong number 打错电话了
A:Hello. 喂,你好。
B:Hello. May I speak to the team manager, Mr. Hansen, please? 喂,我可以请领队汉森先生接电话吗?
A:I''m sorry. You must have the wrong number. 对不起,你一定是打错了。
B:Is that 845-2615, the phone number of room 615? 这是845-2615,615房间的电话号码吗?
A:No, it isn''t. 不,不是。
B:Oh, I''m sorry. 噢,对不起。
A:That''s all right. Good-bye. 没关系,再见。
B:Good-bye. 再见
wrong 错误的
phone 电话
3.An emergency call 紧急情况电话
A:Secretariat of the Organizing Committee. May I help you? 这里是组委会秘书处,请问有什么事?
B:I''d like to report an emergency! 我要报告一个紧急情况!
A:Yes. Go ahead, please. 请讲。
B:We are members of the Chinese Athletics Team. A Chinese athlete has just broken his leg. 我们是中国田径队的队员,一名中国运动员腿部骨折了。
A:What''s your name? 您叫什么名字?
B:Li Ming. 李明
A:Where are you now? 你们现在在哪里?
B:We are in the gymnasium of Victoria University. It''s on David Street. 我们是维多利亚大学的体育馆,是在大卫街。
A:All right. We''ll get you an ambulance right away. 好的,我们马上帮您叫救护车过去。
B:How long do we have to wait here? 我们要在这里等多久?
A:The ambulance will probably get there in 15 minutes. 救护车大约15分钟就到。
B:Thank you. 谢谢您。
emergency 紧急情况情况;突然事件
secretariat 秘书处
athletics 田径运动
athlete 运动员
break 折断
gymnasiun 体育馆
ambulance 救护车
right away 立刻,马上



